George H. Knott
For more than thirty years, George has focused his practice on representing clients involved in a wide array of business, construction and general litigation. He has tried more than fifty cases to verdict or judgment, earning recognition from The Florida Bar as a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Business Litigation Law.
In addition to having extensive experience in trial practice and dispute resolution, George counsels clients on a wide variety of business issues including entity formation, corporate governance, contractual and employment issues.
George has been listed in Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite”, a distinction given to less than two percent of all Florida attorneys, and Florida Super Lawyers for Business and General Litigation. He has also achieved an “AV Preeminent” peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell, indicating the highest level of professional excellence.
George is a Master in the Calusa Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Co-Chair of the General Civil and Business Litigation Practice Section for the Lee County Bar Association, and a Past President of the Southwest Florida Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Master of Calusa Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Former President of the Southwest Florida Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Co-Chair, General Civil and Business Litigation Practice Section, Lee County Bar Association
- Former Director for the Lee County Legal Aid Society
- Past General Counsel to the Lee Building Industry Association
- Represented a hospital system in the prosecution of complex construction defect claims related to a multi-story acute care hospital. The case resulted in a multi-million dollar recovery for the owner.
- Tried to a positive jury verdict a payment and construction dispute related to a downtown redevelopment project.
- Represented a private golf club in defeating a million dollar claim asserted by a former member. The case was tried to a zero jury verdict.
- Tried to a favorable judgment contract and covenant not to compete claims pertaining to an executive placement company.
- Obtained a favorable jury verdict on claims for breach of fiduciary duty and constructive fraud arising out of the transfer of a machine shop’s assets.
- Defended successfully a significant liquidated damage assessment made on a large public infrastructure project.