George W. Gift, III
George concentrates his legal practice in the areas of construction litigation, business litigation, contract litigation, commercial litigation, and commercial collections. George also assists clients with real estate matters and is an approved title insurance agent for Attorneys’ Title Fund Services.
George was born and raised in Southwest Florida and received his undergraduate degree from the University of South Florida and his Juris Doctorate from Ave Maria School of Law.
George has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a 2022 and 2023 Rising Star and top-rated construction litigation attorney in Southwest Florida.
In addition to his litigation and transactional practice, George serves as General Counsel to the Lee County Building Industry Association, which is a construction-based association designed to assist local contractors with their professional development. George is also a Board Member of the American Subcontractors Association of Southwest Florida, which develops and assists local subcontractors through furthering education courses, networking and professional development. In his role with these local contractor associations, George regularly provides seminars and speaks at events throughout Lee and Collier Counties.
George is an active member of the Lee County Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and General, Civil and Business Litigation Practice Section. George is also a member of the Florida Bar Association Sections for Business Law and Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, and the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division and Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division.
George recently concluded his fourth overall term in the Calusa Chapter of the American Inns of Court and currently serves as a Barrister. Outside of his legal practice, George enjoys fishing and spending time with his wife and two young children.
Professional and Civic Activities
- General Counsel for the Lee County Building Industry Association
- Board Member of American Subcontractors Association of Southwest Florida
- Member of the Lee County Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Bar and American Bar Association
- Member of the Florida Bar Section for Business Law
- Member of the Florida Bar Section for Real Property, Probate and Trust Law
- Successfully defended contractor in a binding arbitration conducted by the American Arbitration Association involving claims of wrongful termination and damages for completion costs resulting in a $0.00 decision in favor of contractor.
- Successfully represented a Sanibel homeowner to a jury verdict in a case involving a residential construction defect dispute.
- Represented a Naples physician in a complex, multi-party residential construction defect dispute. Successfully resolved the dispute and obtained favorable result for the client.
- Represented local physician and her husband in resolving a large-scale residential construction defect dispute. Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of the clients.
- Successfully defended a member of a Limited Liability Company in a complex business dispute in Federal Court. The claims against our client were dismissed and the case resolved before trial with Plaintiff filing for bankruptcy.
- Successfully defended multi-million dollar commercial foreclosure lawsuit for mining and aggregate company.
- Represented a local agribusiness in the largest sale to date of a commercial pollination business. The multi-million dollar transaction involved the sale of over 15,000 beehives and associated assets to a large California based agricultural conglomerate.
- Successfully defended corporate client in breach of contact lawsuit in bench trial resulting in a dismissal of all claims.
- Successfully defended corporate client in large commercial foreclosure dispute and obtained settlement of deficiency.
Related News & Press
- Attorney George W. Gift to Participate as Panelist at American Subcontractors Association Event
- Attorneys Tour Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Attorney George W. Gift Participates in Alma Mater’s Internal Competition
- Attorney George W. Gift to Speak at NBI Construction Law Seminar
- Mechanic’s Liens, Bonds & Post-Judgment Collection Seminar