George Knott is the Senior Shareholder of Knott Ebelini Hart. For more than thirty years, George has focused his practice on representing clients involved in a wide array of business, construction and general litigation. He has tried more than fifty cases to verdict or judgment, earning recognition from The Florida Bar as a Board Certified Specialist in both Civil Trial Law and Business Litigation Law.
In addition to having extensive experience in trial practice and dispute resolution, George counsels clients on a wide variety of business issues including entity formation, corporate governance, contractual and employment issues.
George has been listed in Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite”, a distinction given to less than two percent of all Florida attorneys, and Florida Super Lawyers for Business and General Litigation. He has also achieved an “AV Preeminent” peer rating from Martindale-Hubbell, indicating the highest level of professional excellence.
George currently serves as the Past President of the Southwest Florida Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is also a Master in the Calusa Chapter of the American Inns of Court, a former Director for the Lee County Legal Aid Society, General Counsel to the Lee Building Industry Association, and Co-Chair of the General Civil and Business Litigation Practice Section for the Lee County Bar Association.
- President of the Southwest Florida Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 2015
- General Counsel to the Lee Building Industry Association
- Former Director for the Lee County Legal Aid Society
- Master of Calusa Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Co-Chair, General Civil and Business Litigation Practice Section, Lee County Bar Association
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- Super Lawyer Business and General Litigation
- Best Lawyers in America® 2013 – 2017
- 2017 – 2018 Top 100 Florida Super Lawyer List
- 2019 Florida Super Lawyer
- Represented a hospital system in the prosecution of complex construction defect claims related to a multi-story acute care hospital. The case resulted in a multi-million dollar recovery for the owner.
- A case involving payment and construction disputes related to a downtown redevelopment project which was successfully tried to a jury verdict.
- Successfully represented a golf club in a million dollar claim asserted by a former member. The case was tried to a zero jury verdict.
- A case involving a contract and covenant not to compete claims pertaining to an executive placement company. The case was successfully tried to judgment.
- A case involving claims for breach of fiduciary duty and constructive fraud arising out of the transfer of a machine shop’s assets. The case was tried to a successful jury verdict.
- A successful defense in Federal Court of a significant liquidated damage assessment made on a drawbridge serving Pine Island.
- Shareholder Elected President of Southwest Florida Chapter of ABOTA
- Shareholder Selected to 2017 Top 100 Florida Super Lawyers List
- Shareholder Selected to Serve as Legal Counsel to Lee Building Industry Association for 2017
- Shareholder Voted as Florida Legal Elite in 2017
- Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in 2017
- Knott Ebelini Hart Assists Residents of Haiti
- Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in 2018
- Contract Provisions for Construction Professionals
- Shareholder Selected to Serve as Legal Counsel to Lee Building Industry Association
- Shareholder to Serve as National Board Representative of Southwest Florida Chapter of ABOTA
- Shareholder to Speak at Construction Specifications Institute Meeting
- Shareholder to Speak at Florida Structural Engineers Association Seminar
- Shareholders Recognized in Florida Super Lawyers
- Shareholders to Speak at Construction Specifications Institute’s Lecture Series