The following is a sample of the actual results achieved by the experienced and qualified attorneys of Knott Ebelini Hart:
- Defended permits and approvals issued by Lee County for a large resort and hotel located on Fort Myers Beach. The litigation involved a series of six related cases resulting in two trials and three appeals argued before the Second District Court of Appeal.
- Preparation and assistance to local municipality in drafting and negotiating agreements for engineering and construction of a multi-million dollar utility expansion project.
- Assisted the owner of a large healthcare system in the development and construction of major facility expansions. Our representation has involved contract preparation, participation in the competitive selection process and project counseling.
- Successfully defended a prestigious golf club located in Naples, Florida against a lawsuit filed by a former member. The former member sued the club on a breach of contract theory asking for $850,000.00 in damages. After a five day trial, the jury returned a verdict in favor of the golf club and awarded zero damages to the Plaintiff. Post-verdict, we recovered a portion of the golf club’s attorneys’ fees from the unsuccessful Plaintiff.
- Protected development rights for the Bay Beach community, which were challenged by the Town of Fort Myers Beach. After a trial on the merits, the Circuit Court upheld all aspects of the development that the developer claimed were vested based on prior approvals by Lee County. The case was fully briefed on appeal and then settled after extensive negotiations, culminating in a new zoning category in the Town for “Bay Beach,” tracking the terms of the settlement agreement.
- Successful representation of Sanibel property owners in disputes concerning defective construction practices and non-disclosure of property defects, including cases of defective windows, roofs, sidings, as well as moisture intrusion.
- Represented multiple large Homeowner Associations in Lee County. Our representations have included enforcement of governing documents, elections issues, and other general representation.
- Represented a local agribusiness in the largest sale to date of a commercial pollination business. The transaction involved the sale of over 15,000 beehives and associated assets to a large California based agricultural conglomerate.