Kristie A. Scott is an Associate at Knott Ebelini Hart and concentrates her practice in business litigation. She represents clients in various civil litigation proceedings, advises clients regarding business and legal matters, conducts legal research, analyzes legal issues, drafts legal memoranda and documents, and attends depositions, mediations and court proceedings.
Prior to joining the firm, she practiced business litigation law for a national law firm specializing in community association law. She attended law school in her hometown of Charlotte, North Carolina. While in law school, she developed advocacy skills by competing in National Civil and Criminal Mock Trial Competitions on the Charlotte School of Law’s Trial Team. She also served as President/Justice of the Alexander Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity and Vice-President of the Black Law Students Association. She graduated with pro bono honors for her commitment to serving the community. As a student, she argued in North Carolina State and Federal Court. She also studied abroad in Costa Rica.
Prior to law school, she worked in the investment and insurance industries primarily assisting high net worth individuals. During this time, she was the primary point of contact for a client base with over $400,000,000 in investments and was well versed in the financial markets. She also managed the new business process for a boutique insurance firm for high net worth individuals.
Kristie is heavily involved in the community. She is the Treasurer for the Lee County Association for Women Lawyers, an Associate Member of the Calusa Chapter of the American Inns of Court, and is a member of the Florida, Lee County, and American Bar Associations. She formerly served as a Guardian ad Litem for the 20th Judicial Circuit, was a Member of the Greater Fort Myers Leadership Class of 2016, and a Past Secretary of the Isaac Anderson Jr. Chapter of the National Bar Association. Kristie currently volunteers as a Mentor in the Take Stock in Children Program through The Foundation for Lee County Public Schools, Inc. and is a Member of the Fort Myers Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., a public service organization.
Kristie is a frequent Public Speaker in the community; she has appeared on ABC-7 Local News and has lectured and spoken on panels at Florida Gulf Coast University and is also an adjunct business law professor at Florida Gulf Coast University. Kristie was the Keynote Speaker at the 2017 Commencement for Cape Coral Technical College. In 2017, Kristie was selected as a “Leader in the Law” by the Florida Association for Women Lawyers, and honored at “The Finer Womanhood Luncheon” hosted by the Alpha Eta Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc.
- Treasurer of the Lee County Association for Women Lawyers
- Volunteer Mentor in Take Stock in Children Program
- Associate Member of Calusa Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Member of Fort Myers Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Member of Greater Fort Myers Leadership Class of 2016
- Former Guardian ad Litem for the 20th Judicial Circuit
- Past Secretary of the Isaac Anderson Jr. Chapter of the National Bar Association
- Frequent provider of legal advice to Small and Medium Size Business related to Employment and Business Practices which include but are not limited to Employee and Independent Contractor Relations, Employment Contracts, Employee Handbooks, Buy/Sell Agreements, and Overtime Disputes
- Represented Small Business in Employment Overtime Dispute which resulted in Full Settlement
- Assistant to Counsel for Board of Directors for a Florida Special District
- Successfully defended Homeowners’ Association and Insurer in a Federal lawsuit for alleged Racial Housing Discrimination which resulted in Full Dismissal of All Claims
- Successfully defended Government Agency in Public Records Lawsuit which resulted in Full Dismissal of All Claims
- Reviewed and Analyzed Contract for Business Client to appear on National Television Program; Television Appearance resulted in Offer to Purchase Business for more than $500,000.00
- Successfully assisted Clients with immediately obtaining 90% of a Family Debt in excess of $300,000 and execution of a Promissory Note to repay the remaining 10%.
- Assistant to Local Counsel for Multi-Billion Dollar International Manufacturer and Direct Selling Company
- Successfully defended Homeowner in Foreclosure Action brought by Homeowners’ Association which resulted in Homeowners’ Association crediting monies to Homeowner and dismissing foreclosure action against Homeowner
- Associate Attorney Kristie A. Scott Gives Keynote Speech
- Associate Attorney, Kristie A. Scott, Honored at “Finer Womanhood Luncheon”
- Associate Inducted as Treasurer for Lee County Association for Women Lawyers
- Associate Selected by Florida Association For Women Lawyers into 2017 Class of Leaders in the Law
- Attorneys Tour Golisano Children’s Hospital
- Knott Ebelini Hart Assists Residents of Haiti