Asher E. Knipe is a Fort Myers native and concentrates his practice areas in business, construction, and criminal law. Asher also assists clients in real estate matters and is an approved title insurance agent for Attorneys’ Title Fund Services. Prior to joining the firm, he worked as an Assistant Public Defender for the Twentieth Judicial Circuit and brings substantial courtroom experience to the firm. Asher has represented clients in criminal cases involving violent crimes, DUI and traffic-related offenses and violations of probation. Asher was lead counsel on numerous jury trials ranging from misdemeanor offenses to punishable by life felonies and served as a felony track leader.
- Assistant Public Defender, Office of the Public Defender, Twentieth Judicial Circuit, Fort Myers, Florida
- Calusa Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Lee County Teen Court Program
- Lee County Republican Executive Committee
- Republican Precinct Committeeman for the 90th Precinct
- Ahern v. Rubio, Lee County Circuit Court – Successfully obtained return of real estate in foreclosure action in Lee County Circuit Court an owner financed property.
- Wright v. Pancoast, et al, Lee County Circuit Court – Business Ownership Dispute successfully tried to a jury verdict.
- State v. Cummings, Lee County Circuit Court – Defendant originally charged with Home Invasion Robbery, reduced prior to trial to Robbery, tried before a jury – not guilty.
- State v. Hernandez, Lee County Circuit Court – 2nd Degree Felony, Jury Trial, not guilty.
- State v. Repetti, Lee County Circuit Court – Defendant charged with 1st Degree punishable by life felony, facing mandatory life in prison. Case tried before jury, verdict was lesser included misdemeanors.